A road with fields on each sides

The Township has 291 kilometres of road network, sidewalks, shoulders, bridges, culverts and, drainage ditches.

Report Road Damage

To contact or report road damage to the public work department fill out our report a concern form.

Entrance permit or road cut permit

The Request for an entrance permit is to be used to obtain permission from the Public Works Department to construct an entrance to a property from a municipal road. A Road Cut permit is required prior to digging on a Township road. This permit is issued by the Superintendent of Public Works. To obtain the forms, please contact us at info@alfred-plantagenet.com or by phone at 613-673-4797.

Meet our public work teams

The Public Works Department is responsible for, among other things, road maintenance.

The department’s winter maintenance program includes salting and sanding, snow plowing and snow removal. All road maintenance programs follow an approved maintenance and repair program as well as meeting set provincial standards.

Another major responsibility is for the performance and supervision of improvements or repairs to the municipal water, sanitary and storm sewer networks.

The Public Works personnel also maintains and repairs other municipal installations such as parks, playgrounds, docks, festival sites, landfill sites, municipal buildings, street lighting networks as well as parking areas.

Want to know when a road is closed or under construction

Municipal 511 is a tool developed by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation. It provides residents with information on local roads and highways. Every road closure, construction and much more is reported on the site.